CBD Rich Therapeutic Cannabis
CBD (cannabidiol), a substance found in cannabis, produces many of the therapeutic benefits but suppresses—or balances—the psychoactive effects of THC. It is a major phytocannabinoid, accounting for up to 40% of the plant's extract.
Both THC and CBD are part of an estimated 85 different chemical compounds found in cannabis known as cannabinoids. Each strain of cannabis contains varying quantities of the different cannabinoids, which is why distinctive strains produce distinctive results. Strains that contain more CBD than THC are known as CBD-rich strains, and have quite different effects from THC-rich strains.
Sanctuary Alternative Treatment Center, a New Hampshire therapeutic cannabis dispensary, has made a special effort to provide a regular selection of CBD-rich cannabis medicines for our patients who prefer them. This often includes patients with serious illnesses that respond to CBD, such as seniors, as well as new users who may view any psychoactive effects as undesirable.
CBD Support Program
The Family CBD Support Group is open to all qualified patients interested in using Cannabidiol (CBD), particularly those under the age of 18 and their parents. During the meetings, patients and family members will learn about and discuss the following topics:
- The role of therapeutic cannabis
- The safety and appropriateness of therapeutic cannabis
- The effectiveness of various treatment regimens
- The recommended dosing and administration options
- How to break the stigmas surrounding therapeutic cannabis usage
- How to support each other, especially if family members, or communities are not proponents of cannabis as medicine